Donate/Wish List

The Salt & Light Ministry greatly appreciates and accepts donations in the form of your time, your prayers and your financial contributions all of which help to sustain our ministries.  The impact of your support in any form for the people of the Lake Yojoa region of Honduras is truly immeasurable. 

We all expect donations to charities to be used to efficiently fulfill the mission of the organization receiving the gift. Your financial help is particularly significant to Ministerio Sal y Luz in Honduras that works in partnership with Salt & Light Ministry Foundation in Jackson, Mississippi. The Salt & Light Ministry Foundation is registered with the Secretary of State's Office in Mississippi as a tax-exempt foundation under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. It is eligible to receive contributions deductible as charitable donations for federal income tax purposes.

The foundation undergoes an annual audit to comply with the requirements of the Secretary of State and to provide accountability to its donors. The 2012 audited financials (latest audit completed) indicated that 97.1% of the funds received by the foundation were used for Program Expenses and the remaining 2.9% were used for management, general expenses and fund raising. This high percentage funds for Program Expenses is consistent with prior years audits.

 

U.S. CONTACTS AND INFORMATION FOR CONTRIBUTIONS  

Salt & Light Ministry Foundation
Bobby Blake - Chairman of the Board
blake3033@gmail.com

Bruce Bartling - President, Executive Committee
josebartling@yahoo.com

Contributions may be sent to: 

Slade Exley - Treasurer
808 Audubon Point Drive
Brandon, MS  39047
sladefexley@bellsouth.net

To print the 2014 Pledge Form please open:

2014 Pledge Card

WISH LIST
We continue to be blessed by the generosity of so many.  Although our greatest need is in the form of financial contributions for our operating costs since without funding for operations there would be no Salt and Light ministry, we also have needs in other forms.  In addition to contributions in the form of time, prayers and financial contributions, our ministry often has needs that fall outside of these areas such as medical equipment for the health and dental clinics, bulk medicines, bulk dental items, bulk food, etc.  

Wish list items in addition to those listed above include:  

  • FS250 Stihl Weedeater(s), 2.15 hp with bike handle.  Cost in Honduras $700.  We have been offered a discount at Walters Power Equipment in Pelahatchie for $479.96 plus tax.
  • Troy-Bilt 160cc 16-in Rear-Tine Tiller with Honda Engine, Model #: 21D-655A766.  Cost at Lowe's $899.

If you or anyone you know can assist us with securing these items through an in-kind donation, please contact Bruce Bartling at josebartling@yahoo.com